Turkey, Bacon and Brie Tart
It’s always a pleasure to make new dishes from food left over from other meals. Christmas is the greatest opportunity to be creative with leftovers and I am drawn to the tart, flan or quiche as a vehicle to use up those bits and pieces of delicious food.
- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry, baked blind in a flan tin.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- Approx. 200-300g cold cooked turkey
- 250ml double cream
- 3 large eggs
- 100g ripe Brie
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- zest of half a lemon
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 170C
- Gently saute the onion in a little butter, add the bacon pieces and cook until golden, leave to cool.
- Spread the onion and bacon in the base of the flan, chop the turkey into generously sized pieces and scatter over the onion and bacon.
- Break off pieces of Brie and distribute evenly across the flan base.
- Whisk the eggs, add the cream, lemon zest, seasoning and grated Parmesan, pour into the flan case.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling is golden brown and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a very rich tart and only needs a green vegetable or salad to make a meal.
What did you do with your leftovers?