A Spicy Slow Cooked Challenge for March
Many thanks to everyone who took part in the February Slow Cooked Challenge. There were lots of great slowly cooked recipes so check out the ROUND-UP.
The theme for the Slow Cooked Challenge this month is SPICY.
Pay attention please Mr Dominic Franks!
I made this Yellow Pork from Dhruv Baker’s book, you can read my review of the book Spice – Layers of Flavour. I’m not publishing the recipe as it is copyright, but basically the cubes of pork are mixed with yogurt and spices and cooked for 8 hours on low in the Slow Cooker. You will see that I used a Slow Cooker Liner that I was trialling, more about that On My Kitchen Table.
It was a bit of a gamble slow cooking the yogurt and it did split and curdle but the flavour was excellent, I used a 0% greek yogurt, but I would recommend a full fat yogurt to reduce the risk of the sauce splitting, or add a little cornflour mixed with milk to the yogurt before adding the spices.
It doesn’t have to be curry though, bring me any slow cooked dish that contains spices and can be described as SPICY.
The Slow Cooked Challenge is a monthly blog challenge dedicated to making recipes using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot or by slow cooking in the oven, aga or other slow method of cooking. Each month there will be a theme e.g. soup, dessert, vegetarian etc
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Use the Slow Cooked Challenge logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook and #SlowCookedChallenge and I will re-tweet it to my followers AND post your picture on the dedicated Pinterest Board.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.