Chocolate and Banana Bread and Butter Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding is such a lovely comforting dessert, and now that the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting worse, it’s nice to make something warming like this for your family.
Instead of using butter in this pud, I’m using Clover, it has half the saturated fat of butter, is made from buttermilk and has no artificial ingredients.
This is a great recipe for using up leftover bread too and you probably have most of the ingredients in your larder already. Here’s how I made it:
- 100g milk chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 50ml milk
- Clover Original
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 banana
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- Butter a small ovenproof dish with Clover
- Warm the cream and milk in a pan, add the chocolate and heat gently until melted, add the sugar and whisk to combine
- Take the chocolate mixture off the heat and leave for 5-10 minutes to cool
- Spread the slices of bread with Clover and cut into triangles
- Slice the banana
- Arrange the bread in the ovenproof dish with the points of the triangles pointing up, place the slices of banana between the slices of bread.
- Beat the eggs and whisk into the cooled chocolate milk mixture
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the bread making sure that all of the bread is covered. Let the dessert sit for a few minutes for the chocolate mixture to be absorbed by the bread and then top up until all the mixture has been used
- Cover with cling film and leave for at least an hour, overnight in the fridge if you wish
- Heat the oven to 170C and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the bread puffs up and the top becomes crisp
- Dust with icing sugar before serving with cream or ice cream
I’m entering this dessert into the following blogging challenges:
We Should Cocoa: Chocolate and Bananas with Choclette at Tin and Thyme
Simply Eggcellent #9: breads, pastries and eggy puddings with Dominic at Belleau Kitchen
This recipe was commissioned by Clover Buttermilk Spread.