All Hail the 2016 Slow Cooked Challenge
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Did you get a Slow Cooker for Christmas? Or pick one up in the sales? If so, we’d love you to join us for the Slow Cooked Challenge, the monthly blogging challenge where we welcome beginners and slow cooking experts alike. But don’t worry you don’t need a slow cooker to take part, any dish cooked slowly can be added to the link up, see below for full details.
Many thanks to Lucy at Baking Queen 74 for the December Slow Cooked Challenge Round Up, and thanks to all who shared your delicious festive recipes.
As it’s January and I’m still enjoying my break from work, I haven’t yet made a recipe to share with you, so this month will have an OPEN theme, anything goes as long as it is slowly cooked. Here are some slow cooked dishes from Farmersgirl Kitchen:
- Gingered Figs
- Chorizo Butterbeans
- Savoury Nut Loaf
- Spicy Tomato Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooked Italian Sausage Casserole
- ‘Buffalo’ Stout Beer Chilli
The Slow Cooked Challenge is a monthly blog challenge dedicated to making recipes using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot or by slow cooking in the oven, aga or other slow method of cooking. Each month there will be a theme e.g. soup, dessert, vegetarian etc.
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen and Baking Queen 74
- Use the Slow Cooked Challenge logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and we will re-tweet it to our followers AND post your picture on the dedicated Pinterest Board.
- A round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month and a round up will be posted on the host blog.
You can find links to all the challenges and round ups on the Slow Cooked Challenge page.
[inlinkz_linkup id=595130 mode=1]