Chilli and Garlic Tofu Sandwich Spread
I’m always looking for new ideas for sandwiches, we eat a lot of hummus but it’s nice to have something different, so this Tofu Sandwich Spread, whizzed up in my ThermoCook blender is a great alternative, and it’s dairy-free and vegan friendly.
I am not an expert with tofu, but I do know that on it’s own it has a very mild flavour. This makes it ideal to carry other flavours, my plan was to create a spread that was full of flavour, not entirely smooth but with a little texture. The Optimum Froothie ThermoCook is a brilliant multi-function blender with a heating element which has pretty well replaced my food processor and blender. You don’t need the heating element for this recipe, but you do need a good blender.
- 349g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 small lemon (approx 3 tbsp lemon juice)
- Place all the ingredients in the ThermoCook
- Set to speed 5 for 30 seconds, the set to speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Check the consistency and if required use the pulse setting until it is as you would like. .
- If using other blenders then pulse until desired consistency is reached.
I’m really excited by the prospect of adding different flavours to this spread, I’m sure that olives, sun dried tomatoes and many other vegetables could be added to ring the changes. The texture is quite soft so it would also make a great dip with crisps/chips and vegetable crudities.
What do you think would work well with this tofu spread?
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and all opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post.