Rhubarb, Rose and Elderflower Jellies and a Giveaway
I did warn you that rhubarb was going to feature quite frequently on the blog as ’tis the season! These Rhubarb, Rose and Elderflower Jellies were inspired by the fabulous natural cordials and presses produced by Belvoir Fruit Farms a family run company based in Lincolnshire.
Most of us have had a little glimpse of summer, at the weekend, when I took this photograph, although there was a cool breeze blowing, the sky was blue and it wasn’t raining! I know that further south it has been much warmer and summer drinks are definitely on the menu. I’ve tried all four of these drinks and must declare them totally delicious. They are not too sweet, very fruity and the presse is not too fizzy and very refreshing. The Cranberry and Raspberry (lurking at the back) was probably my favourite, but they are all very good.
I was inspired by the Elderflower and Rose Presse to make the jellies as I know that elderflower goes well with rhubarb and the pale pink rose colour complements the colour of the young poached rhubarb.
Rhubarb, Elderflower and Rose Jellies (makes 6)
6 stems of young rhubarb cut into even pieces
2 tbsp granulated sugar
500ml Belvoir Fruit Farms Elderflower and Rose Presse
4 sheets Gelatine (Supercook)
1. Heat the oven to 170C
2. Place the rhubarb into an ovenproof dish, add 50ml Elderflower and Rose Presse and 2 tbsp sugar.
3. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the rhubarb is just tender (check regularly)
4. Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water as per the packet instructions.
5. Remove the rhubarb from the oven and drain the juices into a measuring jug, squeeze the water from the gelatine sheets and add to the hot liquid, the gelatine should melt into the liquid immediately.
6. Top up the liquid to 500ml with the Elderflower and Rose Presse.
7. Place a few pieces of rhubarb in each of the glasses and fill with the jelly mixture.
8. Chill in the fridge until set, this quantity of gelatine gives a fairly soft set, you can use more if you like a firmer jelly.
Belvoir have recently launched a range of five new products all with an
English garden theme and I have five gift sets to give away comprising a Sophie
Conran gardener’s journal and matching enamel mug plus 4 bottles of Belvoir products.
To enter the giveaway, follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter Widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway CLOSED