Cherry Frangipane Ramekins – Dish of the Month
Nigel Slater might not recognise this recipe as one of his, but it is an adaptation of the Plum (or greengage) and almond tart from the July chapter of The Kitchen Diaries II.
I was planning to have some homemade icecream for dessert (more of that in a later post) but my ice cream machine bowl appears to have a leak and is not working properly, so it needed longer to freeze. I had about half an hour before I needed a dessert, so had a quick look through The Kitchen Diaires for inspiration and found this recipe.
I didn’t have time to make pastry and had no plums or greengages, but I thought I could bake the frangipane in a ramekin and had a punnet of lovely ripe cherries that would do in place of the plums.
Frangipane is a mixture of butter, sugar, eggs, ground almonds and a little flour. I’ve posted other recipes that include frangipane before such as Rhubarb Bakewell Tart, Pear and Blackberry Frangipane Tart and most recently the Belleau Kitchen Rhubarb Frangipane Tart.
I can certainly recommend this recipe, it was quick, easy and very satisfying, especially served warm with a big scoop of Madagascar Vanilla Icecream.
As well as being my Dish of the Month, I am also entering this for Tea Time Treats as this month’s theme is Fresh Fruit. Tea Time Treats is a monthly blogging event that showcases treats from
our favourite meal of the day: teatime! Hosted alternate months by Karen
from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked.
Karen is hosting this month and you can read all about in her blog post Fresh Fruit Treats.
- Make a Dish of the Month from ANY recipe by Nigel Slater
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen or A Little Bit of Heaven on a Plate
- Use the Dish of the Month logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @serialcrafter or
@Heavenona_plate and #DishoftheMonth and we will re-tweet it to our
- If you own The kitchen diaries II please do not publish the recipes on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from the BBC Food website, please link to
the recipe on BBC Food rather than publishing the recipe. Likewise
recipes on the Guardian Lifestyle website.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.